Struggling to make ends meet? Consider applying for federal Lifeline & Linkup telephone assistance through Copper Valley Telecom.
The application is easy to complete and discounts go into effect almost immediately.
The Lifeline and Linkup Programs provide local or wireless telephone service at reduced cost to qualifying low income customers. See the chart
below for the income guidelines.
To qualify, customers must meet the following criteria:
- Certify that you are not receiving Lifeline discounts on any other telephone lines (even with another provider)
- Meet income-based criteria as shown on the Lifeline Program application or
- Certify that you subscribe to one of the following needs-based assistance programs:
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Food Distribution Program on Reservations
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Public Housing Assistance
- State of Alaska Housing
- Senior Citizen Housing Development Fund
- Senior Care
- Alaska Adult Public Assistance Program
- Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Pioneer Home Payment Assistance
- Alaska Heating Assistance
- VA Disability Pension
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance
- Child Care Assistance Program (PASS I, PASS II, PASS III)
- WIC – Women, Infants, and Children Program
- Head Start Programs
- Denali Kid Care
- National School Lunch Program (free meals program only)
- Interest Rate Reduction Programs
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Home Investment Partnership Program "HOME"
- Another "means test" social service program administered by state or federal government.
Plan & Charges
- $1 plan (after credits are applied) per month
- Unlimited local plus 450 statewide minutes per month
- Available to customers whose primary residence is within CVW's wireless
- Activation fee is $17.50 (50% discount off the lifeline
activation fee of $35)
- Toll restriction is provided upon request from customer
at no charge.
- Customers may add Call Waiting/Call Forwarding/3Way Calling/ Vmail** and
Caller ID** for FREE
- Documentation is required to establish eligibility
- Only eligible customers may qualify
- Benefits limited to 1 per household
- Lifeline is a government benefit program
- Customer may buy a phone of their choosing from our stock for full retail
price and does not have to sign a term contract.
- Customer must fill out Lifeline Eligibility application in order to qualify
for this plan.
- All normal policies apply (deposits, payment terms, usage, etc.)
- CVW application is required.
- No upgrades to the plan are available. This offer cannot be combined
with other offers (such as the Early Bird plan).
- Customer can ONLY have one lifeline phone per household. They may
not have a lifeline plan for a landline AND a cell phone.
- Customer’s primary residence must be in the exchange in which their
cellular phone is provisioned.
* except Whittier
** requires digital service
2015 Federal Poverty Guidelines - 135%
States and D.C.
|For each additional
Lifeline Wireless Service
|Roaming Minutes - Alaska
|Roaming Minutes - Lower 49/Canada
|Long Distance - Alaska
|Long Distance - Lower 49/Canada
|Unlimited Mobile to Mobile