Lifeline & Linkup
Struggling to make ends meet? Consider applying for federal Lifeline & Linkup telephone assistance through Copper Valley Telecom.
The application is easy to complete and discounts go into effect almost immediately.
The Lifeline and Linkup Programs provide local or wireless telephone service at reduced cost to qualifying low income customers. To qualify, customers must meet the following criteria:
- Certify that you are not receiving Lifeline discounts on any other telephone lines (even with another provider)
- Meet income-based criteria as shown on the Lifeline Program application or
- Certify that you subscribe to one of the following needs-based assistance programs:
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Food Distribution Program on Reservations
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Public Housing Assistance
- State of Alaska Housing
- Senior Citizen Housing Development Fund
- Senior Care
- Alaska Adult Public Assistance Program
- Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Pioneer Home Payment Assistance
- Alaska Heating Assistance
- VA Disability Pension
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance
- Child Care Assistance Program (PASS I, PASS II, PASS III)
- WIC – Women, Infants, and Children Program
- Head Start Programs
- Denali Kid Care
- National School Lunch Program (free meals program only)
- Interest Rate Reduction Programs
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Home Investment Partnership Program "HOME"
- Another "means test" social service program administered by state or federal government.
Plan & Charges
- $1 plan (after credits are applied) per month
- Unlimited local calling
- No charge for Install
- Toll restriction is provided upon request from customer at no charge.
- Note that long distance calling plans are available from several carriers in the CVT service area. Plans,
charges, and terms vary between carriers and customers are responsible for contacting the carriers directly to
request information and/or sign up for long distance service. The carriers that provide service in the CVT service
area are: ATT,
Copper Valley Long
Distance, GCI, Excel
- Calling features may be added for an additional monthly fee.
- Documentation is required to establish eligibility
- Only eligible customers may qualify
- Benefits limited to 1 per household
- Lifeline is a government benefit program
- Customer is responsible for providing their own telephone equipment.
- Customer must fill out Lifeline Eligibility application in order to qualify for this plan.
- All normal policies apply (deposits, payment terms, usage, etc.)